37 Degrees South Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement sets out 37 Degrees South's practices relating to the collection and use of personal information.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and includes your name, address, email address, and telephone numbers. We collect information about you whenever you interact with us such as when you visit our website (the Site) or when you instruct us to represent and advise you (or the client, if you are representing the client).
Purposes for which we use your personal information
Personal information we collect and hold will be used by 37 Degrees South (as applicable):
- to represent and advise you (if you are the client) or to represent and advise the client (if you are representing the client)
- for dealing with commercial or legal conflicts.
We may also use personal information (as applicable):
- for sending you 37 Degrees South publications and invitations to seminars and functions
- to provide you with access to a client extranet website
- for internal business purposes such as invoicing and receipting, making payments to you or on your behalf and debt recovery (which may involve disclosing information to debt collectors)
- for specific purposes we tell you about or you authorize.
When you visit our Site, we also collect general user information such as users internet protocol addresses, browser type and internet service provider details and other technical information. We use this information to administer the Site and to gain a better understanding of our users and how they use the Site. However, this information is not personal information – it does not include any personal identifiable information.
We may not be able to properly advise you or provide you with the information or other services you require if you do not provide us with necessary personal information when requested to do so.
We may need to disclose personal information about you to third parties in the course of representing or advising you (if you are the client) or the client (if you are representing the client). We may also disclose personal information about you if:
- it is required or authorized by you
- it is required or authorized by law.
Contacting 37 Degrees South
Under the Privacy Act 1993, individuals have rights of access to, and correction of, their personal information. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or requests relating to your personal information, please contact 37 Degrees South at Info 37 Degrees South. If you would like to update any of your subscription details, please complete the subscription form with your amended details.
37 Degrees South - Aotearoa